Job description – Office administrator/salesperson.
Here at Siliconhoses.com, we are proud to have a team of dedicated and talented individuals who are passionate about the work they do. Our team is comprised of experienced professionals from a variety of backgrounds. Whether it’s developing bespoke products or providing top-notch account management, we strive to deliver the best for our customers.
We’re are suppliers and manufacture of quality fabric reinforced silicone hoses and associated components to variety of industries.
Responsibilities and duties include (but not exclusive to):
- Communicate effectively with clients via telephone, email, or face to face interaction.
- Monitor and respond to all incoming email/web page enquiries in a timely manner.
- Convert incoming enquiries into quotations using our Accounts package.
- Following up quotations to convert into sales orders.
- Raising Sales Orders.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Processing Sales invoices.
- Processing export documentation.
- Banking responsibilities; processing payments in cash or from customers via card machine.
- Liaise with clients cross-selling and up sell based on their purchasing history.
- Assisting dispatch team members, when possible, with high volume orders.
- To actively participate in the team environment, always showing respect to all staff, and actively displaying good teamwork and attitude.
- To carry out and undergo training from time to time to increase your ability and changes to legislation.
- To continuously develop and improve
- To perform any reasonable duty requested by management.
Skills we think you'll need to be successful in this role:
- A basic understanding of the different types, sizes, and applications of the hoses and related components we supply (we will provide this as part of the initial training).
- Previous knowledge of Unleashed/Sage and raising of purchase orders.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word).
- Previous administration and data inputting experience.
- Good written & communication skills.
- Proactive planning, to ensure an efficient office environment.
- Previous experience of working with international clients would be useful.
- Ability to process and track consignments using fast courier portals (DHL, UPS, DPD).
- Familiar with processing documentation required for R.O.W. exports.
- Ability to work as parts of a team with minimal supervision.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment (vernier calipers).
- Ability to lift 15Kg.
Benefits available to Siliconhoses.com employees include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- A positive and inclusive work environment.
- Free onsite parking
- Uniform supplied.
- Employee discount
- Sales administration: min 3 years (required)
- Accounts software: Unleashed, Xero, Sage 50 etc. min 1 year (required)
- Previous experience working in the engineering, or the automotive trade sector would be useful but not essential.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your recent and relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Siliconhoses.com Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Monday to Thursday 8am - 4:30pm
Friday 8am - 3:30pm
Job Type: Full-time, on site
Salary: From £22,500 per annum.